The Miami Dolphins (7-6) travel to New England to face the Patriots (10-3). The Dolphins will be looking to sweep the Patriots as they already beat the Patriots in week 1. This is by far the most important game of the year for the Dolphins with a win they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot, but with a loss they will be on the outside looking in. Here are my keys to the game for the Dolphins.
- Get to Brady: In the first meeting the Dolphins did a good job of this by totaling 4 sacks. The Dolphins need to do this again and make Brady uncomfortable by hitting him to get them behind the chains.
- Run the ball: I know we had Knowshon Moreno in the first meeting, but we need to run the ball effectively. Lamar Miller needs more carries and I hate how we abandon the run early in games when really we need to run more to help out Tannehill.
- Contain Rob Gronkowski: We can't allow Gronk to have a big day against us like he has had in the past. We need to double team him cause putting one man on him whoever it is, is just not enough.
- Avoid turnovers: If you want to win any game in this league you have to avoid turnovers especially against the Patriots we cant give the ball back to Brady for another opportunity to put points on the board.
- Score Points: The last two weeks we have put up 16 and 13 points respectively that is not good enough. If we want to win this game we need to score more points than that. Brady will put up points, so we will need to match that.