Ah, the Miami Dolphins, just when I think that they cannot do anything to surprise me, they do. I was certain that they would come out and take care of their business against the Bills. Well, Jay Cutler had other plans. He came out and did his best disappearing act and cost the Dolphins the game. Are the Fins completely out of the playoff hunt? No, but let's face it, it is a try long shot. For these last 2 games, I will not be watching in hopes for the playoffs. I will be watching for the following 5 reasons:
1. YOUTH, YOUTH, YOUTH- We all know how good Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills are, but what about Jakeem Grant? Does he have what it takes to make the roster for next season? As a University of Houston alumni, I want to see more of Cameron Malveaux at DE. These are just two of the young guys I would like to see more of and to see if they have what it takes to be staples of the roster moving forward.
2. MarQueis Gray- This guy has been an anomaly for me all year. I love what he brings to the table. He is dynamic and can do a lot of different things on the field. I would like to see more of him coming out of the backfield and at tight end.
3. David Fales- We all know who Jay Cutler is and what he is capable of. Why not give Fales a shot? If we lose to Kansas City this week, there should be no reason that he is not given the start against the Bills in Week 17.
4. Kenyan Drake- Every time this guy touches the ball I am on the edge of my seat. I have not had that feeling watching a Miami Dolphins running back since Ricky Williams. This guy has the chance to be special and as he continues to develop with more carries, the sky is the limit.
5. Adam Gase's Play-calling- Is this the week where we see more of the creativity of Adam Gase that we all have been craving for? I know with Cutler at the helm he has been limited to what he has been able to come up with. However, better late than never.
I would love to hear from you guys with what you are looking forward to seeing in the last 2 weeks. Happy Holidays to all of you Fins fans out there, and as always... GO FINS!